GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR BETTER RESULTS
Please read carefully and follow the general guidelines found below.
Careful observation and documentation will lead to achieving optimal results. Adjusting your treatment protocol to suit your animal’s condition is highly recommended.
Veterinary Grade Bloodroot Paste is intended for topical use only, with equine-species and large agricultural animals.
Utilizing Bloodroot Paste under the guidance of a licensed Veterinarian is strongly advised.
Apply to the afflicted area, and not on healthy flesh. Target only the sarcoid/growth.
Never apply close to the eyes, on or in the nose and nostrils or inside of the ears of your animal. You must take extra care when treating areas that are very sensitive, such as: close to the mouth.
If the product comes in contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with water for several minutes.
Keep away from children and very small animals.
Wash hands thoroughly after each application. Wearing disposable latex or nitrile gloves when handling this product and during application is strongly recommended.
Treatment protocol will vary depending on your animal’s circumstance. Multiple applications and resting phases may be required. Treatment results are best conducted when the weather (temperature) is cooler (i.e.: autumn, winter, early spring).
1. Gently clean the sarcoid prior to applying the paste. If the growth has hardened significantly, lightly exfoliate the growth with a nail file. This will allow for better absorption.
2. Apply a generous amount of paste, 1-2 times daily. Cover the entire growth with paste, without applying paste to healthy tissue/skin.
3. Continue applying for a maximum 9 days. A reaction in the growth should be visible (color change, inflammation, etc.). Some clients may see vast improvement within 4-5 days.
4. Stop (rest) treatment for a period of 7-10 days.
5. Watch for “sloughing” of the afflicted flesh/skin (this is to be expected).
6. Repeat the process if necessary. Adjust your treatment as per the reaction seen in the growth.
7. Once your treatment with the paste has ended, treat the growth (afflicted area) as you would an open wound.
*Consult your licensed veterinarian or animal caregiver prior and during use of this product.
Have questions for us?
Want to share your success story? Email us here.